Ensuring the Future of The Blank’s
Young Playwrights Festival
Over the last 27 years, The Blank Theatre’s Young Playwrights Festival has produced 332 plays by young writers ages 9 to 19 selected from over 5,000 nationwide submissions.
Nowhere else in the world can young playwrights see their vision come to life on stage in professional productions with caring and capable mentoring to help them develop their craft.
Festival alumni like Tony Award-winner Stephen Karam and Doris Duke Artist Award-winner Lauren Yee, have made major marks in the theater.
Other Festival alums, like Austin Winsberg, creator of NBC’s new Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist, and Kit Steinkellner, creator of the Facebook Watch series Sorry For Your Loss, have launched successful careers in film, television, media, and music.
YPF alums use what they learn in the Festival to excel in the arts, business, education, media, non-profits, and public service.
YPFuture is a member community passionate about investing in the future of theatre.
YPFuture’s mission is to establish and grow a robust, sustainable, and supportive community whose contributions ensure the future of The Blank Theatre’s Young Playwrights Festival.
- Assures the future of theatre by providing a sustainable fiscal support structure for the Young Playwrights Festival in 2020 and beyond
- Provides resources to expand awareness and support for the Young Playwrights Festival nationally and internationally
- Uses a subscription model that allows members to contribute annually or monthly
- Encourages members to aggregate contributions within their own social and professional communities
- Gives opportunities for members to contribute expertise together with other motivated members to support and enhance the growth and sustainability of the Festival and YPFuture
Please join YPFuture today as a Founding Member at one of two levels:
$1500 minimum annual contribution ($125/month)
three year minimum commitment
$500 minimum annual contribution ($42/month)
one year minimum commitment
To set up your Founding Membership or for more information about
donating to The Blank please call 323.871.8018 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Blank is a 501(c)3 non-profit arts organization.
Donations are deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.