SPRING 2021 LRS FREE THROUGH THE END OF JUNE 2021!
Catch the full Spring Lineup – all the shows you missed or want to watch again! Register below and the complete show list with links and watch codes will be sent to you via email!
ABOUT THE LIVING ROOM SERIES
Given the current restrictions on live performances in Los Angeles, the 2020-2021 lineup of LRS will be produced digitally and streamed for your enjoyment!
Now in its 30th year, The Living Room Series is a New Play Development program embodying The Blank’s commitment to developing new work by diverse voices from both established and emerging writers. Submissions by women, playwrights of color, and other under-represented voices are strongly encouraged. The Blank is firmly committed to supporting gender parity and diversity.
The Living Room Series (LRS) normally takes place on Monday evenings between Labor Day and Memorial Day at our 2nd Stage Theatre in Hollywood. LRS offers a week-long rehearsal process for the playwright, director, and actors to explore and refine the play before presenting it to an audience.
The performances are minimally staged, with actors carrying scripts, and are a wonderful opportunity for the playwright to get a sense of the play’s full potential.
LIVING ROOM SERIES INFO
All performances for the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 will occur online.
Normally, live performances begin at 8:00pm and take place at
The Blank’s 2nd Stage Theatre
6500 Santa Monica Blvd, Hollywood
unless otherwise noted.
For reservations click on the link below each play description.
You have the option to donate in advance. Every donation counts for both your taxes and our theatre magic.
LIVING ROOM SERIES SCHEDULE:
LRS will be back in Fall 2021 – hopefully IN PERSON!
LIVING ROOM SERIES SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The submission period for our 31st season will open in summer 2021.
All submissions must be done via Submittable.
- Submission must be full-length (we regret that one-acts or ten-minutes will not be considered at this time).
- Submission must not have received a full production. Submissions that have received full productions, even if they have undergone significant post-production revisions, will not be considered. The Blank considers staged readings and academic productions exceptions to this rule.
- Playwright may only submit one script per submission period.
- If a script was declined for a prior season, please note what significant revisions have been made (in your Artistic Statement).
- Materials must be submitted as PDFs. For information on how to create a pdf, please visit: http://www.wikihow.com/Create-PDF-Files.